WANTED: Customer Support & Operations Coordinator (POSITION FILLED)
Ever wondered if you were wasting your life away, sitting under the flickering fluorescent lights of your grey office?
Ever wondered how you could find work that you love, without being chained to a routine and lifestyle you hate?
Ever wondered how those few special people you see online get to work from wherever they want, and seem to be able to make money, travel and learn all at once?
Well, wonder no more. However it is you imagine spending your days, this role has got you covered.
We’re currently a team of 4, serving the UK in the health and wellness space. We sell a large range of physical products to businesses all over the UK. We manufacture our own products, and have one of the best reputations in the industry for both quality and customer service.
The business has been running for over 10 years, and it’s time for us to expand into the US and European markets – so we need extra hands, stat! We’ll fill you in on more details about what we do once you’re through to the shortlist.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
E-commerce businesses require a huge mix of skills and activities. Here’s what your day would look like:
- Answering calls from customers, helping them to choose the right products and smoothing out any issues they might be facing
- Processing orders and managing logistical operations
- Creating engaging content for our blog, social media and video channels
Once you’re settled in, we’ll get you to specialise in an area you’re interested in – maybe it’s SEO, Adwords, Copywriting or Growth Strategy. You’ll pick up skills in all these areas along the way, and help out the team members in charge of them, but we want to make sure you have the chance to really grow, too.
It’s not required for you to have experience in any of these areas. If you do – that’s great (especially if it’s UK-based). But what we want most is someone who’s switched on and ready to learn.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
For the first three months, you’ll get to hang out with the team in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand. Doing some hands-on work together to begin with means you can transition to living and working wherever you want.
We’ll make sure you get settled in and have everything you need when you arrive. This will include recommendations on where to live, eat and play that will fit with the amount of money you’re earning.
I recommend the following places to stay.
www.theblisschiangmai.com/rates, www.sunshinehousecm.com, www.viewdoimansion.com
The cost is about 8-9000THB a month for the standard rooms. There are cheaper places around 5-6,5000THB a month and more expensive places.
Earning begins at $1000 per month. Accommodation in Chiang Mai can cost as little at $150 per month, and a typical meal ranges from $1 to $6, so you’ll be very comfortable. This incredible cost of living is true of many of the ‘digital nomad’ hub cities where our team can usually be found, and has allowed us, and others like us, to really get ahead.
Many bloggers have written posts on how great life is in Chiang Mai. Just google “chiang mai digital nomad” to get an idea of the lifestyle here. You will make friends fast and easy and most people who come here enjoy a better quality of life than can be achieved elsewhere. When you arrive one of our team can also show you around and help you find your bearings.
Our team works UK hours. In Thailand at the moment, that means we’re on from 4pm to 10pm (9am to 3pm UK time), with an hour or two beforehand working on the logistics for the day ahead. When we’re living on the UK’s timezone, though, we’re on until 5pm.
This is a full-time gig – not a side project. This is for someone who wants to learn all the gritty details of making an online business thrive. This is not for you if you’re looking to make a quick buck and take an extended ‘working holiday’.
You’re not going to be rolling in cash to begin with. However, you’ll be making enough to live very comfortably in South-East Asia, South America and parts of Europe. As you become an indispensable part of the team, we’ll be willing to negotiate on this.
Other perks include: Membership to a 24-hour coworking space, and a book/media allowance so that you can buy all the business resources you need to develop an expertise.
THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU IF:
- You’re a people person & are an excellent communicator
- You’re organised and focused
- You can switch between tasks quickly and efficiently – without forgetting what you were doing before
- You are great at motivating yourself, working on your own and making informed decisions
- You love to travel and want more from life than a stuffy office job
THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR YOU IF:
- You can’t handle feedback or different opinions to yours
- You get bored or lonely if your team is not in the same room as you
- You’re forgetful or tend towards laziness
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- A ‘get shit done’ attitude. You’re reliable, punctual and nothing stops you knocking stuff off your list. You’re comfortable asking questions, making suggestions, and learning from your mistakes.
- You’re good in a team. We’re all friends – and we want you to be a friend too. The best kind of friends are the ones who will call you out when you need it, and point you in the right direction. You’re good at giving AND receiving feedback.
- You’re a native English speaker, and you are well versed in the English language and its quirks. If you don’t get punctuation, please don’t apply.
- You can think on your feet and adapt quickly to new situations. On the days where everything is going wrong, you’re in your element.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Customer service experience
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and data entry systems
- Web skills with HTML, blogging platforms
- Copy and sales writing skills
- Ability to guess what other people might need in a given situation
- Willingness to do more than the bare minimum on any task
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Freedom in your work. You get to be self-directed and work wherever suits.
- A core role in a growing company, that’s soon to be operating in multiple countries
- Deep, varied experience in e-commerce, logistics and online business
- Full training in our business systems
- Opportunities to grow your skills and career prospects
READY TO APPLY?
We’ll be accepting applications up until December 20th, but if we find the right person before that, we’ll be closing applications early – so make sure you get yours in quickly!
Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Record a YouTube video, 3-5 minutes in length, telling me about your relevant experience and why you are perfect for the job. (Doesn’t have to be publicly available. Send us the link in the application form.) Gather the answers to your questions, and submit the application here: http://goo.gl/forms/KkdHqxHzEi
Step 2: I’ll review your submission and schedule a Skype interview if I want to take it to the next stage.
Step 3: Possible second interview and Skype chat with the rest of the team if necessary, followed by a final decision.
Step 4: I’ll let you know if you have been successful or not.
Step 5: You book your flight to Chiang Mai, and I’ll reimburse you when you arrive.
Ideally, we want someone to start, like, yesterday. But since it’s coming up to Christmas, we totally understand if you want to spend it with your family and then fly out here. That’s absolutely fine – all you need to do is let us know when to expect you.
Ready to apply?
Here’s the link again, and don’t forget your video!
Not the job for you, but know someone who would be a great fit? Share it!